Both Dr. Scott Holley and Dr. Raghu Elluru have over 25 years of combined experience performing tummy tuck procedures in Michigan with many different perspectives and goals. Whether your loose abdominal muscles and excess skin are due to pregnancy, significant weight loss, or just the effects of time and gravity, their skilled, personable approaches can help you get the results you want.
For intuitive treatments and cutting-edge surgical care, tummy tuck patients trust the extensively trained and professionally acclaimed surgeons at Great Lakes Plastic & Hand Surgery. Find out for yourself the great results that a caring surgeon can achieve when you request a consultation online or get in touch with their knowledgeable staff by phone at (269) 329-2900 (Kalamazoo/Portage) or (269) 979-0900 (Battle Creek).
Your Tummy Tuck Consultation
Tummy tuck patients need to make a number of decisions in order to reach their goals, and Dr. Holley and Dr. Elluru want to help you understand the value and available options for each choice you make. They will take the time to explain the surgical process and address any concerns, and they make themselves fully available to answer your questions at any point during the recovery process.
To see the results of Dr. Holley’s and Dr. Elluru’s past tummy tuck patients, browse their tummy tuck before-and-after photo gallery.
Tummy Tuck Basics
Smooth and flatten the abdomen by tightening loose abdominal muscles and removing excess skin and fat from the lower abdominal area.
Ask Your Surgeon:
- Is abdominoplasty or liposuction more appropriate for me?
- What steps do you take to make sure my scar will be hidden?
- Should I be considering combining liposuction with my abdominoplasty?
- May I meet with one of your previous abdominoplasty patients to discuss his or her results?
- Can your office recommend financing options that will work reasonably within my budget?
Tummy tuck patients can get back to many of their daily activities after just a few days, although strenuous exercises and physical labor should be avoided for a few weeks. Healing speed depends on many different factors such as your age and health, so while most patients will feel fully healed within a few weeks, others will need a little extra time for their body to adjust comfortably.
Your Tummy Tuck Procedure
Each patient deserves the highest levels of safety and comfort for their cosmetic surgery procedure. In your consultation, your surgeon will perform a physical examination to make sure that you are a good candidate for the procedure, and because patient education is a key component of a successful recovery, he will take the time to explain the reasoning behind each recommendation. Both Dr. Holley and Dr. Elluru are committed to ensuring that you understand what to expect from every stage of your procedure and healing.
The two most common approaches to tummy tuck include:
- Traditional tummy tuck: Using proven techniques, this procedure can flatten and tighten the abdomen and create a dramatically more toned, fit appearance. A tummy tuck begins with a thin incision from hip to hip, through which the surgeon will tighten the loose abdominal muscles and remove excess fat. The surgeon then removes loose abdominal skin and fat and adjusts the position of the belly button before closing the incision.
- Tummy tuck combined with another procedure: Pregnancy, weight loss, and other causes of belly flab can often damage the shape of other areas of the body, so if another procedure makes sense for your situation, Dr. Holley and Dr. Elluru are happy to develop an individualized treatment plan that includes the changes you need to meet your goals.
At our offices in Battle Creek and metro Kalamazoo, tummy tuck procedures are performed under general anesthesia. Before your procedure your doctor will provide specific recovery instructions and answer any questions, and during your recovery they make themselves available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help answer your questions and ensure a safe healing process.