Meet Dr. Raghu Elluru
Raghuram G. Elluru, M.D., F.A.C.S., a board-certified plastic surgeon, helped co-found and start Great Lakes Plastic and Hand Surgery. Renowned among plastic surgeons in Southwest Michigan, Dr. Elluru is excited to be able to provide state-of-the-art-care to his patients. He feels privileged to be part of such an excellent medical community and proud to use his extensive training to help patients enhance the way they look and feel about themselves. He and his family have called Southwest Michigan home since 1998.
Dr. Elluru understands that the decision to have cosmetic surgery is an important one and cannot be taken lightly. He balances understanding, open, honest communication, and precise surgical techniques to offer individualized solutions tailored to each patients' needs. In his words: "With each patient, we aim to provide the highest level of patient satisfaction by achieving as natural and harmonious a result as possible."
Dr. Elluru's Training
Dr. Elluru received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Austin College in Sherman, Texas before earning his medical doctorate from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. He then completed a five-year General Surgery residency at Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, Indiana.
He then pursued a two-year fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery, also at the Indiana University Medical Center. At I.U. he studied under nationally recognized surgeons to refine his skills in Hand Surgery, Microsurgery, Burn Surgery, and Cosmetic Surgery.
Dr. Elluru received extensive exposure to all aspects of reconstructive surgery at University Hospital, Riley Children's Hospital and Wishard Burn Institute. The hospitals served as a tertiary referral center for the entire state of Indiana as well as neighboring states. He also received significant exposure to aesthetic surgery at the Perkins Cosmetic Institute in Indianapolis. Dr. Elluru then completed a one-year fellowship in hand and microsurgery at the Christine Kleinert Institute in Louisville, Kentucky, considered one of the best hand surgery training centers worldwide.
Whether you are considering a cosmetic or reconstructive procedure, you need to be confident that your surgeon has the training and credentials to meet your needs. Dr. Elluru is currently board-certified in plastic and hand surgery. He maintains his knowledge base by regularly attending scientific meetings through the following organizations of which he is a member:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Medical Society
- American College of Surgeons
- Michigan Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Michigan Society of Hand Surgeons
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine
To find out more about your plastic surgery choices in Battle Creek or metro Kalamazoo with Dr. Elluru, request a consultation or contact the offices of Great Lakes Plastic & Hand Surgery today at 269-329-2900 (Kalamazoo/Portage) or 269-979-0900 (Battle Creek).
Dr. Elluru's Commitment to Complete Care
A quality plastic surgeon works to build lifelong relationships with his patients through open, honest communication, a compassionate bedside manner, and a desire to deliver superior surgical outcomes. Dr. Elluru will take the time to understand your situation fully before crafting a surgical plan to fulfill your unique goals and desires. He strives to provide thoughtful, attentive, and personal care to each patient and makes himself available to answer questions at every stage of your procedure.
People choose Dr. Elluru from among the many plastic surgeons in Grand Rapids, MI, and other cities in our region, for many reasons, including his:
- Clinical Research: During his training, Dr. Elluru performed numerous research studies on a range of topics in plastic and hand surgery. Many of these articles have been published in national peer-reviewed journals such as Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Annals of Plastic Surgery. He has presented this research at multiple scientific meetings.
- Medical Authority: Dr. Elluru is actively involved in the medical community through many local and state medical organizations and is the current president of the Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine. He enjoys teaching and is actively involved in resident and medical student teaching. He holds an appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor at Michigan State University and is Director of Plastic Surgery Education at MSU/Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies.
- Community Involvement: Dr. Elluru is passionate about improving healthcare in this area and works through state medical organizations to change healthcare policy in the hopes of expanding patients' access to quality healthcare. As president of the Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine, he is leading a capital drive to raise monies to build a home for a deserving local family with medical needs. He is currently leading a local effort to ban smoking in public places such as restaurants and bars. Because of his involvement in the medical community and his skills as a Battle Creek cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Elluru was asked to participate in a Michigan version of Extreme Makeover. He received news coverage for performing life-transforming plastic surgery for two area women.
- Personal Compassion: Dr. Elluru views the doctor-patient relationship as a lifelong bond. He communicates honestly and openly with patients to help them select satisfying, elegant solutions that create the changes they would like to see.
When he is not working with his plastic surgery patients, Dr. Elluru enjoys spending as much time as possible with his wife and four children at their home in Kalamazoo. Dr. Elluru is an active member of a local church. His hobbies include running, biking, boating, playing golf, and skiing.
Find Dr. Elluru on Google+