If your breasts have lost volume after pregnancy or weight loss, or the natural aging process, you may be disappointed by a frustratingly flat, droopy look. Our breast lift surgeons help Kalamazoo and Battle Creek, Michigan women like you reverse these negative characteristics by lifting and reshaping the breast mound, creating a younger, more “perky” look that enhances your appearance and self-confidence.
Our plastic surgery patients trust the high-quality results and compassionate, understanding approach of the surgeons at Great Lakes Plastic & Hand Surgery. To learn more about your options, request a consultation online or contact them at (269) 329-2900 (Kalamazoo/Portage) or (269) 979-0900 (Battle Creek).
Your Breast Lift Consultation
Our surgeons understand that each breast lift patient has different goals and deserves to be treated as a unique individual with a valuable perspective. In your consultation at Great Lakes Plastic & Hand Surgery, you will meet with your surgeon personally to explore goals for your breast lift and learn more about whether this surgery would be an effective option for you. Many women who have lost volume in addition to having sagging breast tissue choose to combine a breast lift with breast augmentation, often visiting from Grand Rapids, MI and across the southwestern portion of the state. This combination procedure can give them a fully transformed, even more attractive breast appearance.
Breast Lift Basics
Reposition and reshape the breast by removing loose excess skin and breast tissue so that the breast holds itself in a more elevated, attractive position.
Questions to Ask:
- Which approach makes sense for my breast shape?
- What steps do you take to minimize scarring?
- How will you ensure that my nipple area looks balanced?
- May I meet with one of your previous breast lift patients to discuss her experiences?
- Can your office help me find out whether my insurance will cover this procedure?
Patients can expect to resume normal activities within a week and strenuous activities within a month. Scars should flatten and fade over the next several months.
Your Breast Lift Procedure
The plastic surgeons at our offices take the time to craft each procedure according to the patient’s needs. During your consultation our surgeons are happy to explain the different approaches and help you select a surgical plan tailored to your desired outcome. While all of our breast lift patients want to restore a more natural, attractive, and comfortable shape to their breasts, some have additional concerns such as disproportionate breast volume or severely downward-pointing nipples, which your surgeon can address in more detail. Many women who visit us for liposuction can safely combine it with a breast lift for a more comprehensive improvement. Our breast lift photo gallery helps you see the kind of results that are possible.
At our plastic surgery centers, we offer three basic approaches to breast lift surgery:
- Circumareolar: Also called a donut or a Benelli mastopexy, this approach corrects mild breast sagging for women with smaller breasts by removing excess tissue and skin through a circular incision around the areola.
- Lollipop: Using this technique, the surgeon corrects moderately sagging breasts by removing excess breast skin through an incision that encircles the areola and runs vertically toward the breast crease. He then repositions the nipple and areola on the breast mound.
- Anchor: For breasts that sag severely, this approach allows the surgeon to remove excess skin and fat by means of an incision around the areola, below the breast, and along the breast crease.
Before your procedure, your doctor and our helpful, friendly staff will make sure you understand what to expect from your procedure and plan for a healthy recovery. After your surgery, you will have follow-up meetings to ensure that you are recovering comfortably.