Women visit us for breast augmentation from towns throughout Southwest Michigan including Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo to restore their look and fulfill their dreams of a more shapely form. Whether you want to regain your pre-pregnancy shape, restore breast volume after weight loss, or simply feel more comfortable and confident in your favorite clothes, Dr. Scott Holley and Dr. Raghu Elluru can help.
Using up-to-date surgical techniques, the surgeons at Great Lakes Plastic & Hand Surgery in Battle Creek and Kalamazoo offer breast augmentation with implants. Serving Grand Rapids, MI, and the southern portion of the state, we take pride in our sensitive, caring approach. Learn more about your options when you request a consultation online or get in touch with them by phone at (269) 329-2900 (Kalamazoo/Portage) or (269) 979-0900 (Battle Creek).
Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
Breast enhancement is a sensitive and highly personal subject, and Dr. Holley and Dr. Elluru want to make sure you make wise choices that benefit your look and your sense of self for years to come. They will spend time with you in your initial consultation and follow-up meetings to answer your questions, clarify the benefits of different implant options, and help you develop a breast enhancement solution that reflects your needs. Most of all, they will take the time to listen.
Breast Augmentation Basics
Enhance the volume and shape of the breast, reverse the look of mild breast sag, and create a more flattering breast contour.
Ask Your Surgeon
- Which implant type would be most appropriate for my needs?
- What steps do you take to keep scarring and recovery time to a minimum?
- Will my breast augmentation procedure be sufficient to hide any sagginess, or should I consider a breast lift also?
- May I talk with one of your previous breast augmentation patients to discuss her results?
- Can your office help me find a financing option that fits comfortably in my budget?
Patients generally can return to light activities within three or four days and ease into more intensive activities within two weeks. Strenuous exercises should be avoided until about the third week, though you may need to wait longer depending on factors like your healing speed and fitness level, and whether you underwent any combination procedures.
Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
Dr. Holley and Dr. Elluru are skilled in a full set of breast enhancement techniques, so in your consultation they will be sure to assess your shape and goals before they explain your options and recommend an approach for you. Your choice of surgical approach will depend partly on your physiology and on the type of breast implants you choose, as well as patient preference.
Your surgeon will place the implant in one of two basic positions:
- Above the muscle (subglandular) placement: This breast augmentation approach is generally appropriate for Michigan women who have a larger amount of existing breast tissue and want to create a more defined cleavage line. Typically, recovery from this approach is also slightly faster. The surgeon places the implant behind the breast glands but above the chest muscles.
- Below the muscle (submuscular) placement: This approach is highly effective for women who have very little existing breast tissue or who want to achieve a softer, gentler curve from the upper chest to the breast mound. The surgeon places the implant behind the breast glands and partially behind the pectoralis muscles of the chest, creating a contour that looks and feels very natural.
Here at our plastic surgery offices, breast augmentation is performed under general anesthesia and usually takes between one and two hours. Depending on the surgical approach you and your surgeon choose, any scarring will be hidden either in the armpit, within the “inframammary” fold under the breast, or at the edge of the areola (the darker skin surrounding the nipple).
Our breast enhancement surgeons and attentive, caring staff will make sure you know what to expect before the day of your surgery, and afterward your surgeon will be available to address any concerns. He will also plan a follow-up session to verify that you are healing comfortably.
Great Lakes Plastic & Hand Surgery’s friendly doctors and staff understand that each patient has different motivations and goals for her procedure. Experience for yourself the advantages of high-quality care and understanding surgeons when you contact our offices today at (269) 329-2900 (Kalamazoo/Portage) or (269) 979-0900 (Battle Creek).