In some cases, surgery is not necessary to refresh your look, and there are good reasons BOTOX® Cosmetic in Kalamazoo and Battle Creek is the go-to procedure for both women and men who want to see smoother skin without surgery. This treatment improves the appearance of facial areas including the forehead, eyebrows, and “crow’s feet,” with no downtime needed for recovery.
Patients from all over Southwestern Michigan trust their BOTOX Cosmetic treatments to the trained and meticulous professionals at Great Lakes Plastic & Hand Surgery. Find out more about their selection of injectable treatments when you request a consultation online or get in touch with them by phone at (269) 329-2900 (Kalamazoo/Portage) or (269) 979-0900 (Battle Creek).
Your BOTOX Consultation
BOTOX Cosmetic is FDA-approved for an extensive range of uses, but for longer-lasting cosmetic results this treatment requires a strong sense of the facial aesthetics and balance as well as a detailed knowledge of facial anatomy. Under the oversight of our board-certified plastic surgeons, you will discuss your goals and motivations for undergoing this procedure before you decide on a specific course of treatment.
BOTOX Cosmetic Basics
Botulinim Toxin Type A injections
Give the face a refreshed, positive look by relaxing the muscles that create dynamic (movement-related) wrinkles.
Ask Your Surgeon
- Which treatment areas do you recommend as most effective for my concerns?
- What measures do you take to prevent the “numb” look that some people associate with BOTOX?
- For my case, specifically, how would BOTOX’s results compare to microdermabrasion, brow lift, or other noninvasive treatments?
- Do you recommend laser resurfacing or another treatment simultaneous with BOTOX to ensure a balanced result?
BOTOX Cosmetic is a no-downtime, practically instantaneous procedure, so patients typically return to work or their busy schedules within less than an hour of treatment. A small amount of redness at the incision sites is typical, but this should subside within hours of your treatment.
Your BOTOX Cosmetic Procedure
BOTOX Cosmetic improves the look of the whole face by relaxing the muscles that create movement-related wrinkles, so the typical treatment session will focus on the areas where repeated facial expressions have worn creases in your facial tissues. In some cases, patients have a combination of dynamic and static wrinkles (which remain visible regardless of your expression), so your face will be examined closely before recommending BOTOX Cosmetic and/or a dermal filler.
Popular treatment areas for BOTOX Cosmetic include:
- “Frown lines” and brow furrows: Over time, repeated facial expressions create tension in the forehead muscles, emphasizing the horizontal “frown lines” above the brows and “number-11″ creases between them. The right amount of BOTOX applied to these muscles will allow the other forehead muscles to pull these tissues into a naturally smoother, younger-looking position.
- Corners of the eyes (“crow’s feet”): Often, BOTOX can also correct “laugh lines” and “crow’s feet” at the corners of the eyes. For very deep creases, a more permanent surgical procedure such as blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) may be more appropriate, but for shorter-term improvements, BOTOX is often highly effective.
- Facial Shaping: BOTOX can be used in small quantities to subtly shape areas of the face including the brow, lip, and neck bands.
BOTOX requires no anesthesia and creates practically no discomfort. At our plastic surgery centers, the injection process typically takes under half an hour, and most patients return to work and their normal schedule right after their treatment.